July 23, 2007

Giving away the secrets

I am sure everyone is aware of the latest release of the Harry Potter book. The author, J.K. Rowling, was disappointed with the media. She claimed the media gave away too much information about the book.

Big deal. Should this surprise us? This is what the media does. In fact, two days before I received my Money magazine in the mail, I heard on the news about the main story in the current issue. On Friday, I heard about the main story in my SmartMoney magazine, I have yet to receive that issue. The media “giving” away too much information regarding Harry Potter is nothing new. It is simply par for the course. It's what they do.

Besides, the Potter series was wrote for kids. How many kids (that read Harry Potter) are actually watching the news?

No comments: