June 25, 2010

Quest for the Perfect Shave

A couple of months ago I decided I was finally fed up with my electric razor. I would shave every morning, but by lunch time it would look as if I didn't even shave for the day. My face was never smooth.

It just so happened around the same time, when I got my money Money magazine it had an article about shaving in it. The article was simply a reference to a blog about shaving. Of course, the blog recommended shaving with an old fashioned safety razor.

I decided to start my own shaving experiment to see what the best option is to get the closest comfortable shave. I figure I'll give each razor a two month trial. I also expect the blade to last about 1 month. I figure I shave 6 days a week, so that is maybe about 24 or 25 shaves, not unreasonable in my opinion.

I have several razors that I will be testing out:
  • Bic Comfort 3 Advanced
  • Mach 3
  • Sensor
  • Old Fashioned Safety Razor made by Gillette
  • Gillette Fusion ProGlide
  • Schick Hydro 5
I purchased the Gillette Fusion ProGlide and Schick Hyro 5 razors for cheap, on sale with coupons. The other razors were already in my arsenal.

Check back in a couple of weeks for the first review of the Bic Comfort 3 Advanced disposable razors.

No comments: