Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper
I finished reading this book this past weekend and to sum up I would say, “Don’t waste your time” with this book.
The premise of the book is to help people (Christians and non-Christians) know what Jesus has to offer them, which is belonging to Him and being able to do what He wants you to do.
Piper starts with his life and journey to Christ and the ministry. The rest of the book focuses on ways not to waste your life.
- Glorifying God with all aspects of your life
- Focusing on the cross of Christ
- Live for Christ and die for Christ
- Take risks for Christ, like Esther, Daniel and his friends
- Be glad with God and make others glad too
- Use your possessions with a “war-time” purpose
- Be salt of the earth and light of the world
- Be missionaries
Anything else is a wasted life. We were created to glorify God by enjoying and displaying His excellence in all aspects of life (family, social, job, school, church, death, loss, etc). All Christians are called to proclaim the Good News and to do God’s work on earth.
I have found there are many books that cover the subject of Christian life much better. For example, the Bible! However, some people are looking for practical ways to implement God’s word in their life today. Piper’s book does not do that.
Next Book – The Extraordinary Mother by John MacArthur