September 09, 2010

A for Amazon - F for Fed-Ex

Let me tell you about a recent experience I had with Amazon and Fed-Ex

I ordered some books from Amazon on the 18th of August. There were 12 books in total. I chose the free super-saver shipping from Amazon. My books were to come in 2 packages, 7 in one and 5 in the other.

Both packages left Amazon's shipping facility on August 19th with an estimated delivery date of August 25th. On the 25th I received one package with the 7 books. When I looked online at the tracking information the package with the 5 books was last scanned at a Fed-Ex shipping facility on the 20th.

I called Fed-Ex to find out about the package in question. The customer service representative would only tell me to contact the shipper. No matter what question I asked him, that was his response. Finally, I said okay I guess I will contact the shipper and not use fed-ex anymore. He said thanks and don't use us! Unbelievable!

I then contacted Amazon and tried to explain the situation to them. They kept telling me my package was at the post office. I said I was just at the post office and there was no package. Then they said I already got the package, which is true, I got the package with 7 books but not 5 books.

After about 45 minutes of going back and forth and them calling fed-ex they decided to overnight be 5 more books. The 5 books were shipped in 4 packages and I received them on the 30th. Of course, the original package that no one could find also magically appeared on the 30th as well!

Unbelievable. If Amazon wants the 5 extra books they sent me they can come and get them.

No comments: