December 01, 2010

Schick Hydro 5

My next adventure in shaving involved a Schick Hydro 5 razor. I purchased this razor which included two blades on sale for about $1.00. I was eager to compare this razor with Gillette's 5 blade system.

After the first shave I knew right away that this razor was not as good as Gillette's. The shave was close in most areas. However, I found the head of the razor to be too large to get close in some places. After about 2 weeks the razor was no longer cutting close and it did indeed cut me a few times. There is also this clicking noise that the head makes when it is lifted from your face. I found it to be very annoying after a while.

For the second month of testing I decided to shave every other day after the initial two week period. I found that the razor did a little better with the longer stubble, but it didn't pass my test.

The price of the replacement blades is about $2.75 a piece. This is slightly cheaper than Gillette's blades, but not as good either.

Because of the price and the inability to comfortably shave for a month I will give this razor a 60% rating.

The last razor system I currently have is the Mach 3 by Gillette.

No comments: