January 31, 2011

Mach 3 Turbo

The last razor in my current arsenal is the MACH 3 razor by Gillette. I had the handle and several turbo cartridges from a previous purchase some time ago. Note: these cartridges were at least a year old.

I was impressed with the closeness of this shave. After about a week though the vitamin E strip was wore out. By the end of each month I would have a few cuts here and there.

I believe the razor to be better than the Bic Comfort 3 disposable razor, but not quite as good as the Fusion Proglide 5 blade. The Mach 3 blades are about $2.00 a piece which ranks about half way between the Bic disposable and the Fusion Proglide 5 blade.

I am give this razor a 90%. It does a great job for the price.

Since, I have several more of these cartridges available I will be using these blades for the next few months. However, I am interested in the Wilkenson-Sword Tech 3 razor at Walmart. I know it is simply a relabeled Schick, but the price seems right. Of course, if any manufacture wants to give me a couple razors to sample I will be glad to run them through my testing cycle.

No comments: