This book is Mike Huckabee's version of what the government should be like. In each chapter, he briefly describes one aspect of what the government should or shouldn't do. The majority of his ideas are nothing new or groundbreaking.
The basic concept is the federal government should do what the constitution says it should do, namely unify the states and protect the borders.
Here are some of the ideas that he covers in various chapters:
- family values
- local vs federal government
- control spending and limit debt
- simple and fair taxation system (based up national sales tax)
- responsible healthcare (meaning take care of yourself)
- improve education (focus on students)
- take responsibility of the environment
- immigration reform
- be tough on terrorism
- effective military strength
- strengthen our global image
- focus on the values of our founding fathers