November 09, 2012

Book Review

Meet Those Who Met the Master by Wendell E. Mettey

This is an interesting concept for a book. A book based upon Scripture, but with some of the blanks carefully filled in to provide the reader with a more complete picture of the character. I must say, however, the book was not what I was expecting. I was expecting more of a flowing story, similar to "The Greatest Story Ever Told" by Fulton Oursler. That is not what this book contains.

Instead I found a bunch of smaller, individual stories about the people who met Jesus. The author wrote the stories in a first person narrative and in my opinion did a good job filling in the blanks and creating the story for each character.

Overall, I think it is a good book to read and add to your collection. I believe it would provide an excellent bible discussion/study for children and would translate well into brief skits for children or adults. I also enjoyed the drawing of the character at the beginning of each chapter. Knowing that the drawings are based on people and not just an artist's imagination helped bring the story to life for me.


No comments: