June 18, 2019

Book Review: Real Simplicity by Rozanne & Randy Frazee

Book Review: Real Simplicity by Rozanne & Randy Frazee

The ideal behind this book is to present a way to simplify your life. The main theme is to follow the Hebrew day of 6 to 6, meaning from 6AM to 6PM you get all of your work done (6 days a week) and then from 6PM to 6AM is your relational and rest time. In order to do this, the authors present a way to restructure your life so it revolves around your home/neighborhood and minimize commuting time and activities thereby maximizing time spent with family and friends in a relaxed environment.

I was looking forward to reading this book and getting some ideas to simplify things, however, I was disappointed. In theory, this sounds like an interesting concept, but I don’t believe I can implement much of what they write about simply because it doesn’t apply to me. I live in a rural northern part of the United States. I believe this type of schedule could work in a southern city in the United States. Not surprisingly, the authors live in Texas.

Overall, if you are interested in a radical change in your life, then read this book and implement the topics discussed. Otherwise, you can safely skip it.

Just my thoughts.

No comments: