Teaching to Change Lives by Howard G. Hendricks
This book provides seven ways to help you be a better teacher. The book is geared toward teaching the word of God, but could be applied to any subject.
The seven methods are summarized below:
1. Teachers never stop learning.
2. People learn differently – so teach them differently.
3. The most effective learning comes from involvement.
4. To communicate your subject you must know it well, believe it, and live it.
5. Teaching is from the heart, meaning your whole self.
6. Effective teaching is motivating.
7. Preparation of both teacher and student makes for the best learning experience.
The author dedicates one chapter each to the above mentioned topics. There is also an introductory chapter at the beginning and summary chapter at the end. At the end of each chapter there are some reflection type questions to ponder.
Overall, this is a good book and a worthwhile read if you are interested in improving your teaching.