April 15, 2011

Revenue Problem or Expenditure Problem

I have heard multiple people (all belonging to the Democratic party) say that we don't have a spending problem, we have a revenue problem. This means the government is spending the right amount of money, it's the taxpayers who aren't giving the government enough.

We'll I'm not going to argue with them anymore. I will simply refer them to the Financial Management Service division of the Treasury website.

Here is what it says in case you don't feel like clicking on the link.

Gifts to the United States Government

How do I make a contribution to the U.S. government?

Citizens who wish to make a general donation to the U.S. government may send contributions to a specific account called "Gifts to the United States." This account was established in 1843 to accept gifts, such as bequests, from individuals wishing to express their patriotism to the United States. Money deposited into this account is for general use by the federal government and can be available for budget needs. These contributions are considered an unconditional gift to the government. Financial gifts can be made by check or money order payable to the United States Treasury and mailed to the address below.

Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
Hyattsville, MD 20782

There you have it. Anybody that thinks the government has a revenue problem can make a contribution to the government to help alleviate the situation!

Just my thoughts for today!

No comments: