October 13, 2014

Price Discrepancy

I have been using the Gillette Sensor 3 disposable razors for a while now, mainly because of the price. I have noticed at Walmart a price discrepancy between the 4 pack and the 8 pack. The 4 pack sells for $4.97 or $1.25 a piece. The 8 pack sells for $13.47 or $1.69 a piece. This doesn't make any sense to me, sure the plastic bubble on the package is slightly larger to hold 4 more razors, but $0.44 extra per razor? Seems kind of strange to me.

I purchase the 4 pack for $4.97 with a $3 off coupon so my cost is closer to $0.50 a razor. Not too bad, especially when I take them off of the plastic disposable handle and put them on the sensor handle. The Sensor 3 replacement cartridges are about $2.50 a piece.

Gillette's pricing scheme just doesn't make sense to me.

Still thinking....




No comments: