We are planning a trip to New York City. I decided to take a break from my busy schedule and do a little trip planning. I went to the nycvisit.com website to assist with the preparation. Here are a few of the things that will be happening while we are up there during the Christmas season.
- The 75th Radio City Christmas Spectacular – fireworks, snow, Santa Claus, and the Rockettes.
- Holiday Lights at the Bronx Zoo – animal themed lights
- Rockefeller Center – 30,000 lights on the landmark tree
- World’s Largest Hanukkah Menorah – 32 feet high, gold colored steel
- Red Hot Stomp – New Orleans infused Holiday performance includes seasonal story telling
- The Christmas Revels – celebrate the winter solstice
- A Christmas Carol – displaying Dickens original manuscript and other items
- Hanukkah Festival – menorah making, storytelling, music, and food
- Kwanzaa - celebrate with African dance, music and crafts.
Hmmm… Not much about Christmas! But I guess that should be expected from a website that has its own Gay and Lesbian section.
There is plenty to do in the Big Apple, so I am sure we will have a great time. We had no plans to see any Broadway shows even before the stagehands decided to strike, maybe there won’t be as many crowds for us.