April 12, 2007

The Covenant People

I finished reading the three book series entitled “The Covenant People” by Mordecai Soloff. This series is geared toward the younger Jewish student and I was really hoping they would provide a good foundation of Jewish history.

I must say, they were very disappointing. They read more like propaganda than a history book. The copyright on these books seems more restrictive than others, therefore, I will not quote any material from the books. In fact, in my opinion, the books are not even worthy of debate or discussion.

That being said, I found several inaccuracies in the books that made me question the validity and accuracy of the series. The inaccuracies ranged from the view of Abraham and Moses to events happening around World War II. There is an obvious bias to these books.

This is one series of books that you can safely skip over. I have one more book to read on Jewish history titled “A History of the Jews” by Solomon Grayzel.

1 comment:

Dial-Up Princess said...

I can understand disappointment when a book is not what we expect.

Btw, thanks for stopping by my blog.